Those who oppose the elimination of the 2 lanes do so because:
1. The area around Research is growing. We have new businesses coming to the neighborhood. Even our D20 schools are reporting 7000 new students and expecting 5000 more- this means more cars traveling Research.
2. Research is a heavily traveled area and by compacting cars into a smaller space, we believe there will be more accidents.
3. There is not enough demand to justify creating bike lanes. It's rare to see anyone biking in the bike lanes.
4. Reducing the number of lanes is not the proper reaction to people breaking the law. Those who speed will continue to do so and this will put others in danger. Police need to patrol for speeders on this road or reduce the speed limit and ENFORCE it.
5. We believe that road rage incidents will increase in this area.
6. $10,000 has already been spent on this project and we feel our money has been wasted.
7. By adding the bike lanes, you have removed traffic merge lanes. This creates a dangerous situation when trying to turn onto Research during busier times.
Join the discussion on Facebook.
Contact our city representatives to explain why you want Research Parkway returned to 6 traffic lanes.